1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Restarts

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by bikekid8, Feb 9, 2005.

1. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

hi, when i leave my computer idling for about 15 minutes or so, it decides to restart, and if i do not touch it, it will continually restart. does anyone know what is causing this? i am running windows xp, and under screensaver -> power management -> i have all of the setting to never turn off and always on, does anyone know what might be causing this? thanks

2. Schwaggy

Schwaggy Member

Are you overclocking anything? Video card, Processor, Memory?

3. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

no everything is runnig pretty much standard, its the wierdest thing i cant figure out what is causing it, it has been doing it since i installed windows, that or shortly after

4. Schwaggy

Schwaggy Member

Hmmmmm! Did u build your computer or did you buy it from a store? If you built it then try taking the bios battery out! That might work! If it doesnt check to make sure all the fans are working properly! It could be overheating! Check temps! Make sure everything is seated correctly in there slots! (inside the computer)!

5. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

If you remember a while back there was a virus that would cause your PC to do just that, restart on it's own. I would look this up at the Symantec site for more information about this also besides a possible hardware or driver issue.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005