1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer shuts down when trying to burn data with Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cedd4, Dec 16, 2005.

1. rhdonkin

rhdonkin Guest

When I choose from Photo and Video
    Capture Video
    Record TV
    Photo Slide show
    Make DVD

I get the blue screen, PC reboots

When it sends an error report to MicroSoft
    "Stop Error Caused by Device Driver"
    not correct driver for version of windows or poorly written driver.
    also had an error "Thread_Stuck_In_Device (Q293078)
    Display driver cannot program hardware correctly - current driver for Video Adaptor.

2. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

ForceASPI v1.8 can be found here:

http://force_aspi_18.w.interia.pl/

3. rhdonkin

rhdonkin Guest

Hi Cougar

Thanks for the link to the forceaspi drivers

Ran the aspichk and no aspi drivers were install. Download and installed the drivers and ran check again and have ver 4.71.2

However, I am still getting the blue screen and reboot when trying to capture or burn video.

after pc reboots, I am getting an nvraidservice error. I have 2 SATA drives with RAID1. Could this be causing the PC to reboot.

Thanks Rick

4. Robk9

Robk9 Guest

Most computer problems like you are having are [bold] Heat [/bold]..

5. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

What could it be when your PC freezes in the middle of backing up a movie.........?

Once in a great while that still happens on my PC.

6. rhdonkin

rhdonkin Guest

No It's not heat

I go to Photo and Video
    Mouse click the "Capture Video" and it imeditially shuts down.

7. Birdboy1

Birdboy1 Member

id try downgrading nero first! i still havent seen what os everyone os using.xp is a memory hog allocate your memory so xp doesnt use it all I seen one using raid that im not sure about but the others wondering if any of you are using external hard drives or pci ide cards,the irq error is definitely an pci resource conflict

8. 49er4life

49er4life Guest

My computer shuts down when burning DVD's with cloner II...it shuts down right about 70%...can anyone help me...

9. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

If you are burning something and it shuts down in the middle of the process or later, it probably is heat build up from your CPU. If it reboots when trying to open an application, it is probably a system conflict. Two or more devices are trying to use the same channel, or setting at the same time. Sounds like device conflict in your case rhdonkin. It looks like you are having a video card or adaptor conflict. Check your setting in control panel>system>hardware tab>Device Manager. It will pull up a list of your system devices and you can right click to see properties of each device. They should say working properly. Nero info tool is quicker and faster, if you have it. Just click thru the tabs and look for conflicts. Also you might try re-installing any video capture software you might have installed.
    Also write down your Nero 7 Ultra serial number and Un-install nero 7, zap it using the clean tool. Then re download version 7 and install it putting in your serial number when prompted. Maybe the version of Nero you have is old, or buggy.
    http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/General_CleanTool.html
    http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/nero7-demo.php
    It says demo, but the paid for serial number unlocks all the features restricted or hidden in the trial version. Its also 100mb so unless you have a high-speed internet, its gonna take a while to dl.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  10. 49er4life

49er4life Guest

What can I do about the over-heating, do I need to get a new fan or how can I get around this...

11. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

A better fan might help.............cool name 49er4life.

I'm a die hard 49ers fan.

12. rhdonkin

rhdonkin Guest

Thanks Maxburn

When it reboots, XP sends an error report to Microsoft that is pointing to a device driver problem.

I want to upgrade to NeroBurning ROM 7.0.1.4B.

Do I need to uninstall just the NeroBurning ROM and then install the new one. Is there an easy way to upgrade to 4b?

I also have capvhs as an capture software, should I remove that?

Thanks again

Rick

13. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

rhdonkin
    Here is what i would do in your case. DL the Nero General clean tool and use it to completly remove Nero from your system.
    http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/General_CleanTool.html
    Then DL the Nero 7 package:
    http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/nero7-demo.php
    Just be sure to write down your serial numbers before removing Nero.
    I would also try removing that capvhs software just to see if it helps by having it gone. It might be the thing that is conflicting with Nero and causing your crashes. Remove it first, then do the Nero removal and reinstall. Post back if you still have problems after doing the above suggestions.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  14. photog

photog Member

rhdonkin and others
    re. spontaneous reboot with NVE 4.1.0.4 (bundled with NBR 7.
    I have had excellent results burning DVD sliceshows with 800-900 8MP images + sound + transitions. About 90 minutes of progran. My AMD Barton 2.8 CPU takes abiut 1:50 to encode to a NRG inage - burnatonce is checked. Following an update to 7.0.1.4 abd then to the b version posted about 20 Dec I have had the reboot problem at various points in the process - usually about 1 hour into the process.
    i suspected h/ware and ran MS WinMemory tester (free download and Prime85. No errors! Memory, CPU and cpipset raised to higher temp than I have ever seen SiSoft sandra ever record. The reboots in Nero uccur at several degrees lower temp.
    I ran cleantool etc and reinstalled the 7.0.1.2 release. No problems.
    Not definitive but will reinstall 7.0.1.4b as soon as time permits.
    I beleive it will be OK.
    Photog (Ron McDermott,Queensland, Australia, MID-SUMMER)

15. rhdonkin

rhdonkin Guest

I ran cleantools for nero7 and would not run because of version conflicts.

Next I ran general clean tools and did remove nero7.0.0.0.

Also ran the driver clean and did not show any drivers.

Also removed INCD.

I downloaded and install 4B and I still have the same problem.

When I choose from Photo and Video
    Capture Video
    Record TV
    Photo Slide show
    Make DVD

As soon as I click on one of the apps, I get the blue screen, "Page fault error" PC reboots

When it sends an error report to MicroSoft
    "Stop Error Caused by Device Driver"
    not correct driver for version of windows or poorly written driver.
    also had an error "Thread_Stuck_In_Device (Q293078)
    Display driver cannot program hardware correctly - current driver for Video Adaptor.

16. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

rhdonkin
    Sounds like your video card is having a problem with it's driver. You can check the status by going in to control panel>system>hardware>Device Manager, and check the video drivers by right clicking on them and checking Properties. If a driver is missing or corrupt, windows should show it and allow you to re-install driver, or do it for you on reboot.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  17. luxarific

luxarific Member

Getting the same problem with Nero 7.0.1.4b. At various points in the burning process (20%, 40%, 70%, while verifying), Nero causes a hard reboot. Did not experience this problem with version 6.6.0.14. My video drivers are up to date, as is my Windows installation (Professional, XP SP2).

I wonder if this is a problem with WNASPI32.DLL? See these links for more info:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=71763
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=39958

Will try replacing the new WNASPI32.DLL of 7.0.1.4b with the older one of 6.6.0.14 and see if that works.

18. rhdonkin

rhdonkin Guest

Checked out the link above and back in 2003, everyone that had SATA hard drives and running RAID 0 array was having reboot problems.

When my PC reboots, it does come up with an error report about RAID. I will post the error message when I have time to play with it, but it does appear that NERO has always had a problem with RAID arrays or SATA hard drives.

19. btguy

btguy Member

i got the same problem but found it was my firmware. it works now with small iso's but not big which is a *******. so your not alone. got lots of help from BROBEAR seek him an you shall find your answer.....

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006