1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Software Reviews

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dkchamp34, Jan 31, 2008.

1. dkchamp34

dkchamp34 Member

I need some good advice on which computer software programs are recommended for antivirus, firewall and spyware?
    Prefer programs that don't hog computer resources.

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

I use following and have zero virus/spyware attacks in over a year.

1. zonealarm firewall (I bought the pro version, but they have a free version)
    2. avg antivirus (free updated daily works good)
    3. firefox 2.0 (use this browser only and don't worry about popups and homepage attacks)
    4. returnil virtual software (free virtual system, put's your c: drive in virtual mode without rebooting, use as last line of defense. Anything that slips through your antivirus will dissappear during reboot. You only really need to engage returnil when surfing suspect sites but can be use all the time with no slowdown.)

My recommendations is to at least get the firefox browser and returnil, the antivirus and firewall can be any brand you want. You don't really need antispyware if you have a good antivirus (from my expierence antispyware software is a resource hog that slows down your web expierence)

Stay away from internet explorer (since I stopped using it, I don't need all those spybot/adaware/spysweeper etc programs).

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Returnil_Virtual_System_Personal_Edition_d5702.html