1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer surround system to TV surround system?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by paudge, May 26, 2004.

1. paudge

paudge Member

Hi,
    I have a medion 5.1 surround system with subwoofer that i wanna connect to my TV. The problem is it is designed to be connected to a PC. Is there any way i can change the 3 connecters for the PC sound card to a scart for the TV or something? Is there an adaptor out there?

cheers,

Paudge

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi, presumeably the Medion system has its own amp power....well its bound to lol - silly question. What are the connections on the system.

Realisticly, I cant really see it working unless you have a DVD player that has a 5.1 pre-out on it, which a lot now do have. If not.....

3. paudge

paudge Member

It justs says that it is for connection to 5.1 (6 Channel) sound cards. It has three connectors for the sound card, a black green and orange one. I have the same system working off my PC and its excellent, so I bought another one thinking that I could in some way link it up to my TV? Anybody got any bright ideas?

cheers,
    Paudge

4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yes, the three outputs (in stereo) give the six 5.1 channels, you just need three sound cables with 3.5mm > stereo RCA, each.
    (The third output contains centre/sub-bass, and sometimes there is a jumper to reverse these two channels - you might have seen this on MBoard or SBoard before...)
    Regards