1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.


Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Latin, Dec 1, 2007.

  1. Latin

    Latin Guest

    I need help, with my computer and hdtv connection. I want to connect my computer dvi output to my hdtv component inputs. My problem is that I have on my computer is the DVI-D output witch is like this
    [::::::: DVI-D - True Digital Video - Used for direct digital connections between the source (e.g. graphics card) and digital monitors.
    and the one i have found is DVI-I
    [::::::: รท] (its actually 2 small pins above and below the horizontal one, but u get the idea) I have search the whole internet and found only the other cables DVI-I. Could some direct me to a website that carries component cable on one end and DVI-D on the other. thank alot Raul

    * Image
    * File history
    * File links
  2. byngo

    byngo Regular member

    Jun 29, 2005
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Done a quick search, can't find one either.
    That may be because if your GFX card has a DVI-D only output then you would be attemting to convert from a digital signal to an analogue one. (Component is analogue).
    I think I'm right in saying that if you had a Dual link DVI connection it could do analogue or digital output according to which DVI lead you plug in.
    In that situation you will find DVI to VGA (D-sub) leads and DVI to Component because both analogue and digital signals are transmiited from the DVI ouput on the G/fix card. You could also use DVI-D to HDMI or DVI-D to DVI-D for the same reasons.
    Is your TV HD ready? has it not goty DVI or HDMI inputs?

Share This Page