1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COMPUTER W/DVI OUTPUT TO HDTV COMPONENT

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Latin, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Latin

Latin Guest

I need help, with my computer and hdtv connection. I want to connect my computer dvi output to my hdtv component inputs. My problem is that I have on my computer is the DVI-D output witch is like this
    [::::::: DVI-D - True Digital Video - Used for direct digital connections between the source (e.g. graphics card) and digital monitors.
    and the one i have found is DVI-I
    [::::::: รท] (its actually 2 small pins above and below the horizontal one, but u get the idea) I have search the whole internet and found only the other cables DVI-I. Could some direct me to a website that carries component cable on one end and DVI-D on the other. thank alot Raul

* File history
    * File links

2. byngo

byngo Regular member

Done a quick search, can't find one either.
    That may be because if your GFX card has a DVI-D only output then you would be attemting to convert from a digital signal to an analogue one. (Component is analogue).
    I think I'm right in saying that if you had a Dual link DVI connection it could do analogue or digital output according to which DVI lead you plug in.
    In that situation you will find DVI to VGA (D-sub) leads and DVI to Component because both analogue and digital signals are transmiited from the DVI ouput on the G/fix card. You could also use DVI-D to HDMI or DVI-D to DVI-D for the same reasons.
    Is your TV HD ready? has it not goty DVI or HDMI inputs?