1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer won;

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by BH0012, Mar 16, 2005.

1. BH0012

BH0012 Member

I just got my new case and power supply in and I moved all of my hardware over from the old computer to the new one. After spending many hours installing and making sure the cabling is neat, I go to turn it on and no power. The motherboard's lights come and I made sure the power switch was correct. If I pull the power to the mobo out just a little bit, the case lights start running and the mobo lights turn red. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

might be a grounding problem. this part you might not like but remove the board from the case, isolate it from case but close enough to power connector to power the board to see if post on monitor. check the metal backplane the motherboard mounts on to see if a metal bump/standoff is in area where the motherboard connector. post results

3. BH0012

BH0012 Member

I was thinking that too. I will try that when I get off of work today. Thanks.

4. BH0012

BH0012 Member

Ok I finally found it! It was a jumper that goes to the memory card reader in one of the drive bays. But it is working now. Thanks for the help.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem, teach & learn