1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer wont load up

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by danp777, Apr 15, 2007.

1. danp777

danp777 Guest

I recently turned my computer off, when i went back to turn it on, it will not load up. A black screen appears saying a file is missing, use windows recovery disk and press R to fix. As i never got a windows revoery disk, i was wondering if anyone could help me because im getting worried that my computer will not work again. Please could anyone help.

Thanks in advance

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Does it tell you what file is missing? You should be able to get it from somewhere is it does.

What do you have for recovery?

Do you have a windows disk or know someone with the same version of windows you could borrow?

3. danp777

danp777 Guest

i have asked around and none of my mates or relatives have a windows xp setup disk.
    When i turn my computer on, a black screen appears and with this message:
    'Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/SYSTEM
    You can attempt to repair this files by starting Windows setup using the original setup CD-ROM. Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.'

SO could anyone help me please

4. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

You can download a copy off of the internet.

5. danp777

danp777 Guest

thanks for your help, but i am not sure what i am looking for, could you tell me where to download it from, or if your not allowed to could you tell me what i need to download