1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compy Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Gog0, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Gog0

Gog0 Member

Hi, i have the same problem with two computers, one that i made for my friend, and the other one is my parents, my parents computer started doing this once i installd the video drivers for the integrated vid card. Well neways what is happenening is the computer will turn on for about 5-10 seconds go extremely slow, then either freeze or reboots itself. This happens about every 5 months and it's the third time i tried to fix it... I used to think it was a virus, or spyware or somehting that was causing it, but I don't believe it is anymore. If anyone else is having this problem or knows how to fix it please let me know....cuz it is bugging the hell outta me. Thx Gog0

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are you certain you don't have a virus(es) or spyware(s), have you run Ad-aware SE or Spybot S&D 1.3 for spyware, Avg6(free version) from grisoft, online scan with antivirus.com or your antivirus program. are you on cable or dialup??

3. CJC

CJC Regular member

4. Gog0

Gog0 Member

I'm positive about my parents computer, i just reformatted, not a quick one btw either. The thing like a week ago, and it's acting up now, but it only started acting up once i installed the vid drivers for my integrated vid card...from cd btw, i have absolutely no clue what it is...for my friends computer i'll use the antivirus post. My parents have DSL btw

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  5. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Maybe your hardware are having conflicts.

Since you installed new drivers for your vid card it could be that it has screwed some stuff up and things are conflicting.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what is make & model# of parent's motherboard??