1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

configuring your codecs

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by fstln23, Jan 28, 2007.

1. fstln23

fstln23 Member

Hey everyone.

i just have a question about Configuring codecs.

I have converted xvid divx AVI movies to DVD about 100 times before but recently I have been having problems with the encoding process in which my DVDSANTA CONVERTXTODVD TMPEG ETC programs all crash within 5 minutes of encoding.

I was wondering if you actually HAVE TO configure the XVID DIVX, ETC. codecs first or just install them and thats it.

I have windows XP pro with Directx 9.0c.

I noticed that i never had this problem until i upgrated from Directx 9.0b to 9.0c and all the updates.

Ive even tried transferring files that I already have done before - to see if that would work,... and even those files will not convert and crashes. I have been using the same codecs that I always have. nothing new

I just did a memtest on my computer and out of 9 tests i got one error. it didnt really give me that much info on the error.

im hoping its not a ram or mem problem. I have a 2004 Emachines T3256 series 160 GB hardrive.

Any ideas? info? any would be appreciated. thanks in advance!

FSTLN23

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

well what you could do is uninstall the update and see if you can still do your converting, and thain you would know that the update is your problem, but i would say that you would have to do a roll back of your system to the date before you instaled the update, and that should solve your problem