1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about Video/File Format

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by KnifePrty, Aug 21, 2004.

1. KnifePrty

KnifePrty Member

i have a SVCD folder that was supposed to be ready to burn but when i got it, there was nothing but 'r00', 'r01', 'r02', etc. and one 'rar' file. there are 40 some of these with numbers. the folder says recode so i dont know if i have to re-encode the files. I would appreciate any help.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I can tell you haven"t been on a Computer long...
    Those "r00,r01,r02 ect files are all Compressed Rar Archives that need to be extracted first before you will get a File you can Burn to SVCD...

You will have to install "WinRar" from www.rarlab.com,
    and after Installing WinRar go to the first .r00 " file and right click it and go to "Extract Here" and then all of the Files should extract right to that Folder and you will Probably get Files in "Bin/Cue" format...To burn it to a CD-R just run Nero and go to "Recorder" to "Burn Image" and navigate to the Cue file and select it and Burn away at as Slow Speed so you do not get any Burn errors....

Cheers

3. KnifePrty

KnifePrty Member

thanx a bunch bro.