1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused? Also new 2 this site

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ggevance, Nov 11, 2007.

1. ggevance

ggevance Member

Hello all i am new 2 this site, but have been recording dvd's 4 a bit now. I use several diff. programs. I have Dvd Region,Dvd Shrink,Sly Fox, and i also have 1Click Dvd. I have no problems recording any movie, except 4 movies made by the company New Line Entertainment. I can go through Sony, Universal, and several other blocks, without any prob., but like the New movie El Cantante i got it recorded, but all it did was skip, and mess up. So it was no use 2 me. If any 1 has any advice 2 help me i would really appreciate it. Thanks alot. Gaylon

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Skips and blocks sounds like bad blanks use Verbatim and burn at 4x 0r 8x speed also if the movie is scratched or dirty it will skip

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

like mentioned could be el cheapo media/dvd discs used to burn to? to help this process and ease the pressure, try setting your dvd shrink output to 4300 (options/preferences) so as not to burn to outer edge of dvdr (problem area on playback)

also if you are mega squashing/shrinking a BIG MOFO dvd down shrink can struggle to get it to fit at a close/right size, and on a rare occasion i read here that they just ran it trough shrink again to aid it?

also as noted burn slow 4x and 8x at a push...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007