1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused American traveling to London and Stockholm

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by tinione, Mar 20, 2006.

1. tinione

tinione Member

This will be my first trip to Europe. I am mixing both business and pleasure and despite the long flight, I am looking forward to visiting. However, I am trying to fiugure out if I need to buy one of those Electrical transformer/converter things that include many different adapters so that I can recharge my Tosiba portable DVD player. The thought of leaving it home brings me to tears but it would be absolutely worthless if I can recharge the battery for the flight home. My AC adapter says " Input: 100-240V 50/60HZ 35W". Will I need to buy a transformer or simply some adapters for the outlet plugs. I hope someone who travels reads this before March 30th. Thanks.

2. TMACRPG

TMACRPG Regular member

Since the input says that it can handle up to 240v it should be fine with just an outlet adapter.

Though if you're bringing other electronics and/or heating devices that you don't know what they're rated input is, then you might want to buy a converter.

50-Watt converters: Electronic devices like Cell Phones, MP3 players, your DVD player, etc.

1600-Watt: Hair dryers, flat irons and the rest.

You can find both of these at RadioShack or probably Bestbuy. They come separetly or in convenient dual-watt switch'able versions.

3. budberner

budberner Guest

I also advise an adapter pack. It has ALL kinds of adapters for your converter. Plugs change with in some regions. Only $11 US. Safe Journeys