1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused! DVD-RB guide does not go with DVD-RB version .96 Help needed. Thanx!!!

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Lyoooha, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Lyoooha

Lyoooha Member

I am guessing the DVD9 backup guide was written before 96 version came out, but that had gotten me confused.

I was unable to go past setup step in the guide because the setup menu in the program looked different and had different settings from those the guide explained.

TO be more specific, this part:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial_page_2.cfm

Thanx

2. UncasMS_3

UncasMS_3 Regular member

as that guide hasnt been updated since rebuilder 055 you can consider it part of the stone age compared to what new rebuilder version offer nowadays

3. gamename

gamename Regular member

try to make sure u have cce or hc installed before u dl and install rb. there are alot of threads here on most of the settings after that...read,read and read.

4. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

5. Lyoooha

Lyoooha Member

Appreciate the support ppl!

6. ybor

ybor Member

I had the exact same problem as Lyhooya. I've got everything installed correctly its in the configuring of DVDrebuild for your first use. The guide says:

just after you tell rebuilder where your CCE is that's your instruction, but none of the remaining paths are labeled "MPEG2DEC3DG". Can someone tell me what path in the Options/Setup menu you use for the MPEG2DEC3dg.dll in the latest version. I think I can figure everything else out.

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

8. ybor

ybor Member

The guide shows these applications paths that you are to setup up in the options setup menu:

path to Relig
    path to Quenc
    path to MPEG2DEC3DG
    path to decomb.dll

It says to navigate the path to MPEG2DEC3DG to your MPEG2DEC3dg.dll, but the newer version only shows these application paths:

path to Relig
    path to Quenc
    path to EclPRO (Pro Encoder)
    path to Decoder
    path to Decomb.dll

I took that as to mean I should navigate to path to Decoder to my MPEG2DEC3dg.dll Is this the proper way to setup based on the new version of rebuilder?

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

If you use the freeware ver. with the Rockas Installer all the paths will be setup correctly except the one for CCE that is dependent on which ver. you have installed. You first must install AVISynth then CCE whichever ver. you have and the RB. The guide at AD was done before the installer was available and you had to setup your own paths, now the Rockas Installer does it for you. Your setup will look like this,

[​IMG]

10. ybor

ybor Member

Hey thanks arniebear, I reinstalled Rebuilder with that installer you were talking about and everything was perfectly setup and in place for me already. Worked like a charm. Big help, thanks again!

11. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Glad it all worked for you, the installer is the best way to go unless you really know what you are doing with the program. Happy burning :)