1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused! Making and Playing "back ups"

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by fire1972, Dec 27, 2004.

1. fire1972

fire1972 Member

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

I am attempting to set up an Xbox gaming scenario for my kids where they can use the "system link" option on Xbox to play games against one another. For Xmas I bought my kids a second Xbox and TV with all the essentials necessary to have a double console "gaming room." I hooked both Xbox's up to the TV's and linked the consoles together only to find out you need 2 copies of a game in order to play in this "linked" fashion. My kids were crushed and disappointed. They have over 150 Xbox games and I am NOT about to buy duplicate copies of games they already own just so they can play each other!! I called Microsoft about this issue and they informed me that I needed to buy additional copies of the games since each child is "technically" using the game and should have to pay for its usage HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT?!? They already own a copy of the game!!
    Ever since that conversation I have been trying to find a way to make a "back up copy" of the games so my kids can play each other. They want to play with real people but live is not an option. I wont allow them to play online since Xbox has no way of monitoring Xbox live and the kids hear all types of conversations. I am not that uptight, but just do not feel a 10 year old should hear some of the things I have heard online. I bought a copy of DVD X Copy after someone recommended it to me and said it would work perfect. It did not, my PC's dvd drive would not read the Xbox game.
    I have read some of the information on this site, and to be honest I am more confused that ever. Moding, ISO's, FTP, etc etc???????? I am not that tech savvy and simply want to be able to make this work for my kids. Any suggestions? Am I doomed to buying additional copies of each game they plan to play via system link? Is there anyone out there that could possibly do all of this stuff for me for a $$ charge? Someone offered to sell me a "mod xbox" but stated I would have to still make the "back ups" which again, I do not think I would be able to accomplish from what I have read here today.

Thanks for any help

Brandon

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I sent you a PM.

3. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Only 1 reply.. umm errr.. HELL YEAH!!! Ill do it.

Just kidding. You just need some time and experience. Do it once or twice and its like riding a bike. Quad sent you a PM, if you need more help, holla.