1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused with Sims 2

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by xShrimp, Nov 15, 2004.

1. xShrimp

xShrimp Member

sorry to all mods if this has been posted, but i really need to know this

i downloaded TS2(the sims 2) from bittorent, i opened the folder and i got 4img files 4cues and 4ccd files. the img files has all the stuff kind of. (install uninstall mostly things for the computers) the img is a lot more larger in size than the cue and ccd. i tried to install it by extracting all files from the img files to one folder and openning them but it keeps asking me for disk 1 so i look at all the autorun.ini in all the img files, the first one has
    open=setup.exe
    blah
    blah

then [special]
    disk 1 (this part is confusing) i dunno if this is the first disk or something

the rest disk 2,3 and 4 but all have open=rungame.exe
    is img capable of being burnt to a disk

does sims 2 come with 4 disks? or with a dvd disk

2. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

If you buy it you'll know.

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Pollushon's answer is correct. I don't want to teach about burning illegal copies. You're supposed to own the game.
    The general problem is: if you own the original discs how can you make backup discs so if you scratch them you can keep the game?
    If you have 4 IMG files the game is obviously in 4 CD. Ever heard of protected discs? Ther lock if you don't put the original disc (or a 1:1 'perfect' backup copy) in the drive .
    Extracting files is of course a wrong method. The game will detect thet you install from your HD and not with the origial discs.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004