1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing DVD2ONE Problem with XBOX

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by amphknee, Mar 5, 2003.

1. amphknee

amphknee Member

So, I have had some confusing problems with DVD2ONE. Initially, I was burning with RecordNow, but whenever I tried to burn a DVD it would stop working at 98%. The movie would play in my XBOX but it would freeze on the last couple of chapters. I was told that I should try buring with Nero under ISO-mode instead of Video-Mode and this fixed the 98% buring problem, so I thought I had worked everything out. But then I tried to play the DVD's I burned with Nero on my XBOX and they won't play. They will, however, play on my DVD drive in my computer. Anyone know of a way I can burn DVD's using DVD20NE so that they won't stop burning at 98% but will work with my XBOX?

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Two things, it could be media, but please direct that question to the relevant forum.

Secondly, follow my brief guide in this forum at the top of the list for a (pretty much failsafe) Nero burning tip :)

Paul.

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

In newer versions of Nero there is a "force Xbox DVD compliance" (or similar wording) check box that supposedly fixes this.

4. maze00

maze00 Guest

I used VOB Instant Copy to burn DVD20NE files and they worked great on the XBOX. Full functionality as well. Hope this helps some
    Maze

5. MrMental

MrMental Member

I have tried everything to get my backups to play on my xbox but nothing works.. Both InstantCopy and Nero is a no-go. I have tried every setting i can imagine. Whatever i choose for burning, my xbox refuses to play it, but the disc playes just fine in my pioneer444 and my puter. And it is not a discproblem as it plays just fine when i burn a game on it (DVD-RW).
    Any suggestion to unhappy me?

/ Feffe

6. RMF

RMF Regular member

Well you need to burn it on a DVD-R or it won't work. All of my games will work from a DVD-RW, but if i try to burn a DVD movie onto an RW disc it just won't play it. Hope this helps.

7. MrMental

MrMental Member

-RMF-
    So you mean that a movie cant be played on a dvdrw at all? But I can start the movie, from dvdrw, by browsing the disc with XboxMediaPlayer and start it manually, as I have a modchip in the box. But to use the dongle or donglefree DVDx2 is a no go. It wont boot but as I said I can make it play manually.
    The disc is recognized as VIDEO in EvolutionX but wont boot. The same goes for DVDr im afraid. I have burnt StarWars epII, She's all that, Robin Hood (disney) all works ok in stand alone but will NOT play (boot) in my xbox.
    BTW. I have gotten ONE dvdr-movie to play but it was d/l from internet and in ISO-format. So I dont know the settings it had when it was made.

/ Feffe

Last edited: Mar 12, 2003
  8. Cazman

Cazman Member

I get every movie to work in my Xbox by using this procedure:

Rip the movie using DVD Decrypter
    Run DVD2One on the files
    Create an ISO using IMGTools
    Burn with Recordnow MAX

Works every time.

9. MrMental

MrMental Member

I have now gotten it to work.
    Using primoDVD and the settings for a datadvd to the xbox, UDF-up to 128, any char., plus 8+3. This made it for me. No probs in xbox at all after burning.

/ Fredrik

10. RMF

RMF Regular member

That's really strange. I have not burned any of my dvd's using the xbox file system and they all still work with no problems. In my experience you only need to do that for games or divx movies.

Does the movie still play in a standalone player?

11. MrMental

MrMental Member

- RMF -
    This is the sad part =)
    Every burn I have done so far works like a charm in my standalone. No matter what setting i have used.. everyone worked. But now all is okay as i found a setting that work in both.

/ Me

12. RMF

RMF Regular member

Glad to hear it.