1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect ipod to digital coax cable?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by MrX1oo1, Sep 7, 2009.

1. MrX1oo1

MrX1oo1 Member

Is there anyway to connect an iPod to a digital coax cable?

2. LucHs

LucHs Member

What are you trying to do? Connect your iPod to a digital input of your receiver? I wouldn't know what the point of that would be, I think that a digital out from an MP3 player would be lesser quality then an analog out from a regular, quality CD player. Just connected it via RCA to your aux input.

Anyhow, I found this thread, without an answer either: http://www.satelliteguys.us/compute...8-how-connect-ipod-av-receiver-digitally.html

3. Mez

Mez Active member

Plug it into the coax connector on your ipod.

If your ipod doesn't have one of those just maybe it wasn't meant to do that. You will have to buy a device that can interface with cable, nic named a video capture card. Then your computer can interface the cable. Your ipod can connect to the same computer.

MrX1001, in the future when you come up with one of these wacky ideas it will greatly help if you just ask the basics instead of a sticky tech point in a hair-brained scheme. That way we will actually know what you want to do instead of guessing. I assume you want to capture something on cable and not send the cable company your audio output. Fortunatly this one was fairly easy to guess. Most aren't.