1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connect my pc to a TV

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by D-block, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Fimpen_X

Fimpen_X Guest

Hey..
    I've connected my pc with the tv with a s-video cable but i'm not sure wat to do next. I tried to turn off the tv and turn it on againg but the computer can't find the tv.

2. newb_11

newb_11 Member

Yo What up Fimpen,

What are the specs of your computer as in the manufacturer, your s video connection (4 or 7 pin), what operating system your using, and what kind of connection to your tv are you using. I think I may have some links to help you out.

3. newb_11

newb_11 Member

4. Fimpen_X

Fimpen_X Guest

My laptop is a fujitsu-siemens:
    Operativsystemets namn Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 build 2600
    Operativsystemets tillverkare Microsoft Corporation
    Datornamn AMILOD-8820
    Datortillverkare FUJITSU SIEMENS
    Datormodell AMILO D SERIES
    Datortyp X86-baserad dator
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2390 Mhz
    Graphics card ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 AGP
    Memory Size = 64 MB

The graphics card has a s-video out and the tv has a scart plug in... so i bought a cable that at one end has s-video and the other has scart.
    I connect everything but my computer still doesn't recognize that it is connected to a tv.

please help!

5. Fimpen_X

Fimpen_X Guest

oh ya and i forgot, the graphics card has 4-pin s-video

6. Fimpen_X

Fimpen_X Guest

I am having a problem... i got the tv to show my screen but its black and white and i went to a store and asked them y and they told me... but my problem is that when i try to watch a movie (DVD) it shows everything but the movie.
    help please!!!

7. Fimpen_X

Fimpen_X Guest

For all you out there that have a problem with connecting your pc with a tv...
    If everything is right and you have connected pc-tv right and your having problems like i had.. that was that on the tv screen thetv was blank and the pc couldn't recognize the tv...

Answer: Put down the resolution of the pc screen to 800 x 600. after that, check if the pc found the tv...if not then restart the pc.

8. newb_11

newb_11 Member

Im glad to hear you got it working.

Hey, did you change your windows screen resolution or your ATI mode setting? The ATI card, drivers and software I have are kinda old. I was wondering if there was a TV option or second monitor option that you could change while in the advanced tab in your display settings. This way you would not have to go back and change the resolution everytime you go from your pc to your tv. You could set monitor 1 as default high res. and then have monitor 2 at either 640x480 or 800x600.

9. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

i want to connect my old computer to my television. i know i need a video card that has an output, but my TV only has a normal Yellow video and white audio plug. i am searching for the cheapest card possible, as long as i can use my TV as a monitor.

10. Fimpen_X

Fimpen_X Guest

I understand wat u mean... i tried it but it didn't work.. :(

11. nomad311

nomad311 Member

hey guys i just kinda realized i havent been here for a while and my site went down again

but its up again so check it out:
    http://nomad311.f2g.net

n if u asked me a question or somethin i didnt answer just pm it to me

peace

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  12. josephgw

josephgw Member

Any advice?

I've connected my Thinkpad T42 with an s-video to scart cable. I get a color image on the TV of the wallpaper image on my Laptop - but no icons or applications when I open them - just the wallpaper image. I also get the screensaver when this kicks in. Any ideas?

13. nomad311

nomad311 Member

wow i didnt actually cover what to do after you set the whole thing up
    ...oppps

well what you have is the extended screen which means that you can drag things from your primary screen (on laptop) to the tv

that includeds icons, programs ..anything
    then you can maximize movies/visuals (like on winamp) there

also if you only drag half(enough for the picture to goto the tv) onto the tv you can keep the controls on the laptop ...great for controling whats on the tv w/o takin it of of fullscreen

--ill clean this and add it to my page proly tomorrow

thnx for the heads up

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  14. agentcar

agentcar Member

Hey guys, I have been looking all over and can't find an answer to my question. Please...somebody help me. Ok. Now, I have a SONY PCV-W700G and it has a
    s-video port. My SONY television also has a s-video port, or connection. I bought a s-video cable and connected my pc to my tv. Nothing happened. I don't know what to press or if i need any other connections ecxept audio. Can somebody please tell me what I need, or what I need to press. Thanks in advance! Also, I don't think buying and type of chip or video card would be smart because my pc is very small and I'm not sure I would find one for my pc that would fit. It's a desktop. Thanks, please reply.

15. agentcar

agentcar Member

Please reply!!! :(

16. zyndarl

zyndarl Member

I know someone must have the answer to this. I just bought an AverMedia QuickPlay to hook my laptop to tv. The reviews I read said it works for most people. Got instant video - no problem - in fact the dvd I played is very clear. But when I plug the RCA cords into the TV for audio, I get nothing but a loud buzz. Anyone used this device, and know what the problem with audio is? I'm waiting for a reply from the company support site. Thanks.

17. ezcdm

ezcdm Member

I am trying to run a powerpoint presentation from my laptop to a TV set. I have connected an Svideo cable and clicked on the Fn and F5 keys, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

18. Sheggen

Sheggen Member

Hello all.

As most everyone here, i'm hooking a laptop to a tv. I'm connecting the laptop through a docking station which has an RCA connector output on it. I hook the station to the tv and attempt to use the switchscreen key command to switch the screen over. Here is where my troubles begin.

The first time I try switching to the tv, the tv will show my desktop (the laptop will go black) and then after a second it will switch back to the laptop. If i press the key command again, however, both monitors will go black. Press the command one more time, and it goes back to normal and everything is operating fine on the laptop (no output to the tv though).

I've tried a couple different connections (Svid out through X number of adapters to RCA on tv, or coax on tv, etc) and they all seem to give me the same output. Tried upgrading drivers through Nvidia site (the laptop has a GeForce 4 440 card), and the driver they suggest will not install (installer says there is no compatible vid card in the laptop). I revert to my working drivers and the laptop is fine again. Played with Nvidia's settings, to no avail. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

19. DjKriz

DjKriz Member

Like everyone here Im having troubles not only with colour but with sound. I have an Nvidia Geforce 440 MX card.
    Two days ago I had a Geforce 2 card but a friend gave me this one.

The Geforce 2 card was second hand and I could not get colour or sound, the same thing is happening with this one.
    You cant ask Nvidia themselves about whats happening why isn't it working because you need a F&%#$!ing reference number. I have baffled a local computer store (they didnt have a TV to use), so Im out of ideas.

The Video Card has the standard S video out, and I have an adapter that comes from the video card and goes to RCA. (No idea what its called nor do I know what scart is???? Just know S video And RCA)

I have PC in one room and have an RCA socket installed from the room to the lounge so I would just like to keep it RCA.

Please any suggestions??????

20. DjKriz

DjKriz Member

This really does suck, You have a product but the company refuses to give you customer service because you didn't buy it straight from them.

And its not just my frustration its you guys too obviously!