1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect Pc to tv

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by mrtfindla, Jan 26, 2008.

1. mrtfindla

mrtfindla Guest

I have read some of the forums about connecting pc to tv. But they are a few years old. I want to connect a hp pavilion 7955 to a philips 55w9363. I didn't find anything that might be more updated in the archives or online. If you could link me to where I need to go or give me the info I would appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Ps love this website. The glossary helps meatheads like myself everyday. Plus my kids actually think I'm cool again.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Can't find anything on the TV. However, it sounds like a 55" job, in which case it'll probably have a VGA connector. The PC will certainly have a VGA connector on it, so set your PC's resolution to 1024x768 and connect the two using a VGA cable. That should be all there is to it. In the event the TV doesn't have VGA, you should be able to find a VGA to S-Video or component adapter you can use for cheap.

3. jlburrel

jlburrel Member

I'm having a similar problem. I don't need HD quality, just looking for a clear picture. I have a laptop with only vga and my hdtv only supports s-video, composite, component, and hdmi. I received my vga to component cable in the mail today and tried it. I've had no success yet with this cable. What could be the problem?

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

try with a resolution of 640x480 first.

5. jlburrel

jlburrel Member

I've tried changing the resolution on my laptop and it will not go to 640x480. I keep getting a black screen on my hdtv indicating that no video is being detected from my laptop.