1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect surround sound to tv w/rf modulator?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by granprix, Jul 12, 2007.

1. granprix

granprix Member

I have surround sound that i used an rf modulator with..when i hook this up to my new tv..with inputs/outputs front and back...i hear the dvd, but no picture. i've tried several attempts..thru cable box, thru tv, without going thru cable box..the rf modulator indicator light doesnot light up..should this be the problem and need to replaced? i need your help..desparate to watch dvd's...please rescue me!!!!

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Surround sound has nothing to do with the tv.
    The tv is used only for the video, with a surround setup.

Also, if it's a new tv, why are you using an RF modulator? A new tv should have plenty of inputs on it. The RF modulators are used to hook a dvd player, to an old tv, that doesn't have the inputs for the player.

You don't say what kind of surround setup you have. Is it an HTIB (home theater in a box), that has the dvd player built into the receiver? Or does it have a separate dvd player? What kind of outputs are on the dvd player? What kind of inputs are on the tv, and on the A/V receiver? This info will help to get you setup right. Links to sites, with your models of equipment, will help too.........

Is the cable box, a standard cable box, or is it a digital cable box? Is the tv HD? Need more info........... :eek:)