1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connect to wireless net works

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by daveshaw, Dec 8, 2007.

1. daveshaw

daveshaw Member

Can anybody help me connect to my wireless network.When i go into view my wireless networks on xp the status page says automatic with a gold star at the side,in the past this has always said either connected or disconected.I had a virus so had to do a complete reboot of the system,every thing up and running now except for the above issue, would appreciate any help, thanks in anticipation.

2. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

you probably will need to reinstall the drivers for you wireless adapter, if you just reformated your hard drive just reinstall the drivers for your card and if you have a protected network you will need your security key.

3. daveshaw

daveshaw Member

I did not reformat the drive,i did a system restore.( does this reformat the drive ? ) but if as you say in your previous thread,how do i reinstall the drivers

4. jremele

jremele Regular member

Ill just type out a few options you have.
    Uninstall your wireless card from your device manager.
    Restart the Computer and reinstall the drivers, and the software with it. If you do not have the software that came with it you will need to go get the drivers for the card, and set the connection up so that windows can control it, and make sure the wireless zero configuration service is running, you can find that in control panel/administrator tools/services

Next if you can pick up the signal,
    Try connecting to it, if it is protected type in the key.
    IF YOU TYPED IN THE KEY WRONG, you will not recieve packets from the router, which will result in Limited or No COnnectity Errors, if that happens re-type in the key, and it the network is no protected.
    Restart your router, and try connecting again.

If nothing helps just post here again, i fix computers for a living and will continue to help you.

5. daveshaw

daveshaw Member

FANTASTIC!!!,FANX EVER SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP, ABLE TO CONNECT AFTER FOLLOWING YOUR INSTUCTIONS , FANX AGAIN MATE.

6. jremele

jremele Regular member

Your very welcome.

I fix computers for a living, reformat and system restore do not exist in my vocabulary when it comes to computers.
    THere is always a solution.