1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connect xbox to pc

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mowgli111, Apr 10, 2005.

1. mowgli111

mowgli111 Member

I want to connect my xbox to my comp i only have the Cat5E crossover cable i pluged them in but i cant c it on my comp. is there n e way to c the xbox on the Comp.............My xbox is not moded

2. joschez

joschez Regular member

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  3. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

If you would like to mod out you xbox without opening it you can softmod it (which is using game exploits and font "Hacks" to get it to the modded state) would allow you to gain access to it via ftp but what exactly do you want to do? if all you want is to connect and say you did there is no point, but if you would like to do cool stuff (backup games, watch .avi's, or play some of you old games that you still have but want to play in HDtv then there you go) then go for it, just a few things though:

If you have xbox live you will get banned if you try and go on xbxlive with it modded

There is the chance that you could turn you xbox into a great paper weight (trust me I had two for about 3 months lol)

And you should have a good idea of what you want you xbox to do before you get into it.

Any questions post here or message me,
    Degalle

4. kiiiburn

kiiiburn Guest

newbie here... where did you buy the xenium ice modchip? is it solderless? i read the "how to" on modding the xbox and putting in a larger hard drive. any other pointers? will any ide hard drive work, or is there a special brand (western digital, maxtor) that i should have for compatiblity issues? and why did you upgrade to a samsung dvd drive? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks!
    eric d.

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yes, almost all newer hard drives will work in your Xbox, Maxtor, Western Digital, and Samsung drives work great as do many others. I would highly suggest going with the Xecutor 3 chip over your Xenium chip, mainly because the X3 has the best support team behind the chip (being Team Xecutor). They also do have a solderless adapter you can buy, but as all solderless adapters it is not cheap!

Try checking out this website, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/ , this site allows you to send your Xbox in and will mod your system for only $30! My friends all sent in their Xbox's to him and they were all very satisfied with his business. The site is also great for noobs on how to do things, so check it out..

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Also, the reason why people upgrade to Samsung drives is because most of those drives can read all types of backup cds and dvds, such as cd-r cd-rw, dvd+r, dvd+rw, dvd-r, dvd-rw. Other drives such as Philips and Thomson have troubles reading some types of media, especially cd-r's

7. joschez

joschez Regular member

My samsung does not read cd-r nor dvd-rw's. does anyone know why?

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Newer Samsung drives that Microsoft put in the Xbox do have troubles reading Cd-Rs and cd-RW's. I believe any Samsung drive in an Xbox older than 2002 is not that good...