1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting 2 DVD rom drives

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by misty2055, Feb 19, 2007.

1. misty2055

misty2055 Member

Hope I have chosen the right forum.

I have 2 DVD RW drives in my PC that I need to connect to an Audio card. I am installing a Soundblaster Audigy 2 card.

Is there a right or wrong way of hooking these up ie. Analogue or Digital. I will be using 6.1 speakers.

Thanks

2. Munch58

Munch58 Guest

Hey Misty2055

I had an Audigy Gamer, older than the Audigy 2, and I didn't have to use any audio cables from any drive to my card. Sound went to the board thru the IDE cable. You motherboard info may be helpful when asking for help ;). Just in case. However, digital will sound better if your speakers support it. That will involve the connection between your card and your sub, not your drives. Hope this helps. Let me know if it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2007
  3. misty2055

misty2055 Member

Hi, thanks for that. I am running XP. The drives were originally on a ME machine and I think that is why they were connected to the sound card.

I have tried the drives unconnected and they work as you suggest. Thanks again.

4. Munch58

Munch58 Guest

ME.....yikes! I had it installed for less than 24 hours...worst 55 bucks I ever spent. Glad you got it working.