1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting a dvd vcr player to pc

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by crysis222, Apr 7, 2008.

1. crysis222

crysis222 Regular member

i have a dvd and vcr in one player that i use for my tv and is there any way that i can connect that to my pc and play the vcr movie on my pc and save it, if not is there any other way. plz help i just want to put that vcr movie on a dvd. HELP PLZ!

2. jackofall

jackofall Member

Capture Video from Tape in an Analog Camera or VCR
    Analog video capture is useful when you have older video content, such as VHS tape, and want to convert it to digital. Or you may have an older camcorder that only provides analog outputs, such as composite or S-Video. Performing analog capture requires a hardware device that can take video input from a composite or S-Video signal and convert it to digital data.

To capture video in Windows Movie Maker from an analog video camera or VCR

Connect your analog camera or VCR to your computer's capture device, and then set the camera mode to play recorded video (often labeled VTR or VCR on an analog camera).

Open Windows Movie Maker

On the File menu, click Capture Video.

On the Video Capture Device page do the following:

• In Available devices, click the analog device you want to use to capture video. In the Video input source list, click the input line you want to use.

• If you want to adjust and configure the video capture device settings, click Configure.

• In the Audio device list, click the audio capture device you want to use, and then, in Audio input source, click the input line you want to use.

• To adjust the volume of your captured audio, move the Input level slider to the level you want to use.

In the Enter a file name for your captured video box, enter a file name for your captured video file. Then, in the Choose a place to save your captured video box, select the location where you want your video to be saved or click Browse to select a location.

On the Video Setting page, select the video setting you want to use for capturing video and audio.

To separate the video into smaller clips, select the Create clips when wizard finishes check box.

To prevent audio from playing over your speakers while capturing video, select the Mute speakers check box.

To automatically stop capturing after a time period has elapsed, select the Capture time limit check box, and then type or select the length of time you want to capture. Time is displayed in the form of hours:minutes (h:mm).

Using the controls on your analog camera or VCR, locate the video and audio you want to capture from your tape. In Movie Maker, click Start Capture, and then press the Play button on your analog camera or VCR.

To begin capturing, click Start Capture, and then press the Play button on your analog camera or VCR.

Do one of the following:

• When the tape reaches the point at which you want to stop capturing, click Stop Capture, and then press the Stop button on your analog camera or VCR.

• If you have selected the Capture time limit check box, wait for the specified amount of time for video to be captured, and then press the Stop button on your analog camera or VCR.

Repeat steps 10 through 12 for each part of the video tape you want to capture.

When you have finished capturing, click Finish to close the Video Capture Wizard.

3. jackofall

jackofall Member

4. dp70

dp70 Member

The instructions posted are fine. If you have any material protected by macrovision, the capture card will not allow recording. There are digital copy enhancement devices made by third parties, such as Sima. A while back, macrovision sued them because the macrovision pulses are stored in the VBI, and when an input is digitized the VBI disappears, along with any other info, such as closed captions. You may wish to remember this so you do not loose your closed captions.

When macrovision patented their copy protection scheme, they also patenetd any devices intended to remove it.
    DP70

5. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Hauppauge capture cards ignore Macrovision, at least mine does (a PVR 150).

6. permatex

permatex Regular member

facitvideo.com has what is called a clarifier,its a small electronic black box.you run your cables from the vcr to this box then run a second set of cables from the black box to your capture card,this box kills the copy protection and your able to copy any copy protected vcr.

7. robcart65

robcart65 Member

i think the best 1 2 uses on xbox 360 is clonecd software, dvdburner pioneer dvr-115d 20 pounds or less uk money