1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting a laptop to tube tv

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by presb2k, Jun 17, 2007.

1. presb2k

presb2k Member

I purchased a pavillion dv6000 laptop a couple months ago and am not 100% sure im looking at an s-video port. Is it even possible that it could be an RQB port? It looks like it from pics ive seen but good dumbass hp support people assure me is s-video...2nd question to say i have the laptop and tv connected via s-video, the sound will still come out of the laptop speakers, right? I have 2 headphone ports, 1 and 2 but 2 also says SPDIF which I have gathered is a digital out. what are my options for audio connections? Dont really wanna spend the money on $40 spdif cable. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

A simple option for your sound while displaying on the tv is play it through the tv. All you need to buy are cables and adaptor that one end is your headphone like end and the other standard RCA. I bought mine at Walmart. It was less then $5. I've even seen them in dollar stores.

Can't help you with the port question. I couldn't get the specs for the laptop from the HP website. I highly doubt it is anything but an s-video port. What does it look like?

I completely agree that HP tech support can be stupid sometimes. I went on there once to get help with connecting my computer to the tv. I had to fight with the person as to if my computer even had tv output. They didn't comprehend when I said that I was looking at the port on the back that says tv output right next to it.