1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting an analogue Cam with IbookG4 OSx.3

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by keswick, Jun 6, 2004.

1. keswick

keswick Member

I used to be able to connected my cam using a Belkin lead when I used OS9 but now that I have updated it no longer works. Belkin have told me that they are not intending to update the drivers. Any ideas what I can use, costing under £100 !!!.
    Many thanks,

Pete.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you want a High Quality Analogue/Digital Converter that will produce Quality MUCH better than the Belkin USB device then I would suggest you check out the "Canopus ACEDVio" ,It is compatible with both PC and Mac and it uses a PCI Slot on your Motherboard..
    It uses a Hardware DV Encoder Chip to compress the Signal in real time to high quality DV AVI Format...
    You can get one of these devices New On EBay for $169 US so that is about £100 and it is a Professinal quality device that is Made especially for Converting Analogue Material Like from a Camcorder or VHS Tape to Digital with the hughest quality possible plus it has an audio Lock feature that Locks the audio and video streams together at the time of capture so there is Never any Chance of the Audio and video going out of Sync.....

If you Buy one of these Directly from Canopus you will pay up to 100% more than you would for the same device off Ebay and the sellers on Ebay that sell this particular device are authorized Canopus resellers and are very reputible sellers.....

Cheers