1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting an XBOX to your PC

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by GThaman, Mar 26, 2007.

1. GThaman

GThaman Guest

Does any body know how to connect an xbox to an pc so i can download stuff to it?

2. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

first you need to have your xbox modded and plugged into a router and have your computer hooked up to the router then on your computer you download FLASH FXP (google it) then get the 30 day trial and then when its downloaded run it then enter the IP address thats on your xbox its located in system management should be the first IP address on it then for the user/password enter xbox in both sections then it should boot right up.

3. GThaman

GThaman Guest

K, but do i nd to have an chiped/modded xbox?

4. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

no chip is really needed all you need is a softmod....thats what i have i have never delt with the hardmods cause i heard the only difference is really the on and off switch so you can play live

do you have your xbox softmodded?? if not ill help you.

5. 3lement

3lement Regular member

6. GThaman

GThaman Guest

i dont have my xbox softmodded, what is that really?
    can u help me?

7. 3lement

3lement Regular member

if you know what a chip is its kind of like that. Except a chip is hardwar and a mod is like software. A chip has to be soldered into your xbox (unless you get solderless). A softmod goes on your hd of your xbox and doesnt require and hardware, just a program. The chip and softmod both let you play copied games and let you ftp to your xbox from your computer. For a softmod installation you need a copy of splinter cell,james bond agent under fire, or mechassualt. A action replay, a memory card and the program as mentioned above. for the chip you just have to buy the chip and take apart your xbox to install it. If you want to save money go with the softmod if you dont care go with the chip. hope this helps you. good luck

8. corn

corn Guest

9. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Yea like corn said make a ms backup because thats the main mistake of many people who softmod. if you make a backup you should be fine. good luck.

10. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

ok Gthaman first ask yourself if you ever would want to go on xbox live? cause if you do then softmoding isnt a good idea..i bought 2 one to mod and the other to play online. you can still go online with a softmod but you must uninstall the mod.

so if you do want to softmod it.. then go to a game store like gamestop or something and buy ACTION REPLAY for xbox. its pretty cheep maybe 20-25 bucks.
    then after that you need to make sure you have splinter cell 1 (original not the platnum game) or mech assult, or james bond underfire. you need one of these games to run the installer. :)

then you install action replay into your computer and then plug in the memory card into the usb and then install the hardware of your memory card(dont worry action replay comes with a thing to plug you memory card to your computer and when you plug it in it installs automaticly)

then you run action replay and go under lunix files and there is a bunch pick one of them that is around 470mb and drag it into your memory card.

then when its done plug in your memory card in your xbox and copy the files to your hard drive

then turn it off and put the game in. then when you are in the main screen load the game saying lunix and then it will flash quick and go into the installer.. FIRST MAKE SURE YOU CLICK MS BACKUP cause that makes sure that your original files are backed up so if you ever want to uninstall the softmod..then click eeprom backup then install softmod. then it will pretty much be done and youll have your ip address on there and youll be able to connect to your xbox and put in emulators for old game systems..its pretty cool.

i was exactly like you not long ago didnt know the first thing about it but if you really want to mod then youll get into it. but you will get pissed everyonce in a while.

11. GThaman

GThaman Guest

12. corn

corn Guest

Let us know how it goes. After you softmod your Xbox, the real fun comes in (FTPing, making Backups, playing them :D).

13. GThaman

GThaman Guest

K:D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2007
  14. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Xbox ftping is awesome. i thought that when you wanted to put stuff on the hard drive you had to take it out everytime. Happy modding. and good luck with softmodding. its not that hard. i give it a 3\10. 1being not hard at all and 10 being the hardest

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  15. fraincs

fraincs Member

talking about backing your harddrive before making a soft mod, i didnt knew that and used an auto installer deluxed, the instalation crashed in the middle of the process... not im screwed, i cant seem to be able to boot. any suggestion?

16. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Try to redo the soft mod process with the disc and then try to install over it. i did that and it worked. like if you did doubloe boot now do single it should work as long as you do it in the same catagory. Like theres 2 dont remember what they are ones like pbl patcher or sumthing. try that.