1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting everything together

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Sleeek, May 6, 2010.

1. Sleeek

Sleeek Member

Hey guys,
    I bought a 46" Samsung HDTV with 4 HDMI ports the other day and i'm looking to buy an awesome surround sound system to go with it. I'm just wondering how i'd go about connecting my PC(HDMI) and Xbox 360(HDMI) to my HDTV and having all the sound (TV,PC,360) go through the surround sound system.
    Is there something I need to get to make this happen?

Thanks

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  2. aldan

aldan Active member

only advice i can give is to do what i did.read the manual that comes with your surround system very carefully.then read it again.it will take a while but all the info you need should be in the book.

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

you should get everything you need with the equipment.You may need to buy additionally HDMI cables.once you read the instruction manual it should tell you if you need additional cables.

4. Sleeek

Sleeek Member

Hey guys,
    Went out and bought a new Samsung Home cinema setup. I tried playing music the other day and no sound comes out of the back speakers. Do surround sound systems not play music out of all speakers because they're surround sound, or is my system faulty?

5. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Regular music is stereo 2 channel. back speakers are for surround sound which has 5 or more channels.
    System is not faulty.

6. aldan

aldan Active member

again this cannot be stressed enough.read the manual.particularly the section on setting up your speakers in this case.should have an auto setup feature.