1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting laptop to starview

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by ericsl, Jun 14, 2007.

1. ericsl

ericsl Member

can anyone help me.Im trying to put version 4 onto my starview box.I have a laptop and bought a usb serial convertor and rs232 cable.When i run the gtrom loader and load the version 4 bin file all im getting is flash update fail.

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

yo need drivers

3. ericsl

ericsl Member

i installed the driver and it came up as com 8.i changed it to com 1 and I still got the same message when i tryed to download.Have I got it set up wrong somewhere?

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

sounds like your doing the right thing

5. DigitalTV

DigitalTV Member

Is your rs232 cable a null modem cable, it must not be just an ordinary rs232, it has to be a fully reversed wired null modem cable.

6. ericsl

ericsl Member

I think its a null modem cable.It doesnt say on the box.it just says rs232 serial connection lead.fully wired.fully shielded cable for error free transmissions.

7. emmaxxx

emmaxxx Member

hey i have the starview 4 software and i hav a cable its a nine pin to a nine pin but it wont plug into my laptop so i got another cable which is a usb serial converter one end is a nine pin n the other is a usb but the software takes ages to load onto the box...is it because i have 2 cables??