1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting my PC to my xbox through ftp

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by tenisplyr, Mar 3, 2004.

1. tenisplyr

tenisplyr Member

Ok, I just modified my xbox and put a new hard drive in it and now I am trying to connect to the xbox through the ftp system, but everytime I try to log onto the username of the xbox it never works. Am I just doing this all wrong or is there an easier way to connect to my xbox through my pc?
    -thanks

2. evilgood

evilgood Member

Just boot up the XBOX to whatever dashboard you like as long as its not the original. (i am using EVOX) Make sure the XBOX is connected via ethernet cable to a switch or hub or router that your PC can access as well. In your PC, open Internet Explorer and type int he bar at the top:
    ftp://xbox:xbox@###.###.###.###
    ###.###.###.### is whatever IP address you give your EXBOX in the .ini file on the root foloer of the XBOX HD. hOPE I HELPED YA

3. tenisplyr

tenisplyr Member

I typed in the address and everything at the top and i keep getting the same error
    (windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder. Details: the FTPsession was terminated.) and then I go under file:log in as and type in username:xbox password:xbox but still gives me the same error.

4. tenisplyr

tenisplyr Member

I think there is something wrong with my xbox's ip address b/c everytime i try to connect to my box through my pc i get an error. Is there something i can do to fix this problem? somebody please help me!!!

5. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

How are you connected to your XBOX? Through a router or just from a network card. Because they require different cables depending on which connection you make. Through a router you can use a regular RJ-45 cable.. The other way you need a patched RJ-45 cable. Then it's just a matter of loading your dashboard, going to settings and look at the IP address. Type it in and your passwords of course and connect. I hear alot of people have trouble using explorer to FTP to their Xbox. I would recomend trying FLASHFXP. It has a free 30 day trial.. Hope this helps out

Matt

Last edited: Mar 4, 2004
  6. rabitface

rabitface Guest

MOTTOMATT,,,,,,,,,ive got the same problem as the bloke above,ive got my xbox chipped with evox,ive got a patch cable and im putting it through my eithernet connection,but when i try to connect to flash fxp,it says not connection,and ive changed my ip address,so do i need regular rj-45.If you could help me that would be great,,,,thanks

7. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

No you have the correct cable.. Here try this tutorial out.http://evox.xboxhackz.net/evox/guides/body_basic_networking.html Hope this helps out.

Matt

8. rabitface

rabitface Guest

MOTTOMATT,,,,,,,,,,,ive done as the diagram says,my xbox evox dashboard (no link) and flash fxp say unable to connect (conection failed).If you or any 1 else could send me step by step instructions that would be great.

9. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

It may be also worth checking if you have a firewall on your PC as this in most cases will prevent the x-box and PC from connecting.

Thats what happened to me, and was the last thing I thought of ;)

10. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Sorry to hear that.. Here is one more link to a tutorial to get you going.http://www.geocities.com/daseamonkey420/evolution.html Also make sure you save your network settings in evox after you edit them. My friend had this same problem.. He would edit his IP address but not scroll down to save it. Then he would reboot or try and connect and get a got a error. Try this guide it should get you going. I was going to send this one the first time but could not find it. Hope this helps..

Matt

11. Jay_sean

Jay_sean Guest

12. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Did you get your new harddrive from system-mods? I did, and I had to go to the settings in evox and change them a bit. They had this:

SetupNetwork = Yes
    StaticIP = No

I changed it to this:

SetupNetwork = Yes
    StaticIP = Yes

Also they had my IP set to 192.168.0.3 so make sure you are using the IP that it states in your settings menu in EVOX

13. rabitface

rabitface Guest

MOTTOMATT,,,,,,,,,,,,me again,ive tryed all the helpfull hints youve gave me but still no look,this might sound stupid but do i need to be connected to the internet when im doing this,cus ive only got 1 connection in my ethernet,so i cant put my patch cable in at the same time,sorry about this......hope to hear from you

14. Slav001

Slav001 Member

I have a question for you guys...
    Can you connect to your xbox without a modchip installed in it, using just an original xbox?
    Thanks,
    Stephan

15. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

16. abasi

abasi Member

hello, i am having the same problem as the other guys, not being able to connect through to my xbox. i followed all the previous advice given, but still nothing, i am trying to connect with a crossover cable and 1 nic. i did notice however that when i insert the evox boot disc, at the top of the system utils page, where the un-changable network things are my xbox says
    Type: (nothing)
    IP: 0.0.0.0
    (both of those are in the blue writing) I have set the ip to static as 192.168.0.3 but it doesn't show up at the top there.
    please help, abasi

17. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

You are scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the network settings page and selecting "save settings" after your all done aren't you?

Matt

18. tenisplyr

tenisplyr Member

how do you know what kind of cable you have and what cable do i need to ftp to my box?

19. jxc241

jxc241 Member

20. Hopsing

Hopsing Member

heres a doosee.... i got my xbox mod'ed and up and running, hooked up to my computer via cross-over cable
    and can transfer pictures over and videos from my computer to the xbox, but for some reason it doesnt like mp3's.. is that normal? am i daft? (the last question was rhetorical)