1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting my xbox throught Flashfxp! HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by DruPalmer, Sep 9, 2004.

1. DruPalmer

DruPalmer Member

I've tried everything I know to connect my xbox to my computer through a hub. I run the Emergency Linux in my xbox and it config's the ip to 192.168.0.3 ! But when my xbox is loading the small linux app it get a error message: "sh: can't access tty: job control turned off." Is this an issue? If not...I still have no connection when I put in the IP Address into the Flashfxp...with user name: root and pass:xbox. I really NEED TO FIX THIS, and FIGURE OUT what is wrong. I'm so close, but I don't know what to do. Also, I've heard of people talking that I need a "crossover cable?" Will this do anything different than a standard cat 5? Please help.

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Username is not "root", both username and password are "xbox".

3. DruPalmer

DruPalmer Member

I'm connected finally! But I'm having problems with getting Evo X to work properly...just getting the green screen pop up..."Needs service." any advice? I'm having problems finding correct Evox components and what not

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Have you flashed your chip with a bios (X2 4983)? If you haven't done so you need to do that. Then just get Slayer's auto-installer disc 2.5 final (2.6 is out now?), and download whatever programs you need off of it. It has Evox dash and whatnot, all you will need and more. It's a very handy disc, just get it at the usual place.

5. DruPalmer

DruPalmer Member

Don't know the "usual" place???

6. DruPalmer

DruPalmer Member

Also Achilles3, I really don't know where to put the files...like for the phonix loader and stuff like that????
    Step-by-Step would be awesome!

7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Well a step-by-step would be my last post and that's about all that you need to do. Flash your chip first with X2 bios, then burn Slayer's onto a disc and load it up in your Xbox. Then you can choose to install whatever you need and you're set.

Hmmm the "usual place"...think RIAA. Sorry I don't think I can mention anything besides that or I'll get banned, been warned once before on this.

8. DruPalmer

DruPalmer Member

Sorry, but I am confused about the "flashing of the chip?" Do you mean a MOD chip that is installed (inside the box)? I've done a "softmod," and I don't know what you mean? Please explain. I also have a problem now of my xbox rebooting everytime I try to eject a cd, or put one in the box....it gets really annoying. It also does it when I exit a emulator, or any app like that. Can you help with that problem also? Thx in advance....

9. DruPalmer

DruPalmer Member

Sorry, I failed to mention that I do have Ava. up and running now...that's what I was talking about the "rebooting." It just completely shuts down while it is running if I try to put in a cd, or take one out..also reboots when I exit a "homebrew" program.

10. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Ohhhh that explains everything, you have a softmod Xbox. I really don't know anything about it, I thought you had a physical modchip installed. Also, if you're gonna modify your Xbox, better to use a modchip because softmod is not recommended by anyone. Softmod only brings you a lot of headache. Sorry I can't be any more help than that.