1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting PC to HDTV help

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by mb423752, Aug 20, 2007.

1. mb423752

mb423752 Guest

Right now I am connecting through VGA the highest I can get to is the 1368 X 648 or whatever that range is. I want to make it true high def do I need to hook it up with different cables or what? MY computer had s-video but when i hooked it up that way it looked horrible. I have a 8600 gt Graphics card.

2. albino92

albino92 Regular member

you can get a graphics card that supports hdmi output, that should greatly advance your quality.

3. gdubb85

gdubb85 Member

I am not familiar with the 8600 gt but
    I am assuming its nvidia because I have an nvidia geforce 7600gt.

You should have DVI-out on your card, because I have two of them on mine. Get a dvi-hdmi cable from newegg and your good to go. I just got mine today strangely enough and am viewing my 42" hdtv as my monitor right now. Cost my $7.99 plus shipping...newegg owns

4. atomicxl

atomicxl Guest

It seems like your PC is thinking that you have a 720p monitor connected to it. Is your HDTV higher than 720p/1080i? If not, nothing is messing up and nothing can get you a higher resolution without actually going out and buying a 1080p tv.