1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting PC to Sony Bravia KDL-40V5100 DVI to HDMI no sound

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by PhotonTorpedo24, Apr 9, 2010.

1. PhotonTorpedo24

PhotonTorpedo24 Member

OK I know DVI does not carry sound with my video card (GeForce 9400 GT). I have a 3.5MM to RCA white/red jack. I use that to connect the audio from my PC directly to my Bravia. I connect it to the white/red audio ports right next to the HDMI 1 input. My TV has 4 HDMI inputs. Supposedly this allows you to have sound through the RCA audio cables to the HDMI 1 input.

Now the weird thing is the audio from my PC comes through on HDMI 2 input (which currently has my PS3 connected to it.)

So I figure hey maybe if I connect the DVI-HDMI cable on HDMI 2 input, I'll get audio and video on the same input.

WRONG! The audio immediately stops and I only get the video from my PC.

Here is another strange thing, the audio comes through on HDMI 2 when my PS3 is turned off. When I turn it on, the audio from the PS3 then takes over and the audio from my PC is turned off.

When I connect my PS3 to HDMI 1 and the PC to HDMI 2. The audio comes through on HDMI 1 (PS3 turned off of course.)

As I said before when i turn the PS3 on. The PS3's audio takes over and the PC's is turned off or presumably shifted to another HDMI input.

The problem is that the audio never wants to match the HDMI input port that is connected to my PC thru the DVI to HDMI cable.

I have a theory that the Bravia is fooled into thinking audio is already carried over the DVI-HDMI cable and thats why it shifts the PC audio from the RCA cable to a different HDMI input.

Anyone have any ideas on a remedy for this? Thanks

2. simonsezz

simonsezz Member

I am also getting the same problem mate for KLV-40EX500,chk my thread i have uploaded the manual pic as well but no help yet