1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting pcs help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by nasher, Feb 26, 2007.

1. nasher

nasher Member

ok here we go have got my home pc connected to a router and i have just go a wireless acess point witch i have got up and running but i would like to no how to acess files of my pc onto my laptop i was wondering if it can be done with a thing called media connect?
    hope this makes sence
    cheers

2. onya

onya Guest

Now the two pc's are connected, can you "see" the laptop from the desk top and vice versa?

To have two pc's connected and sharing files, requires no additional software. All connections can be made via the windows connection wizard. Note that when setting up your home network, to share files from one to the other, right click on the folder or harddrive you want to share and then select properties then select sharing options that suit you.

Cheers.

3. nasher

nasher Member

its fine ive sorted it now

4. onya

onya Guest

Thanks for the reply nasher, would you mind posting again, just how you overcame that/those issues? All AD members will benefit from your experience. To share is to care.... :)

Cheers.

5. nasher

nasher Member

the way i did it was you right click on the folder you want to share then goto properties the goto sharing at the top and click share on network