1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Playstation 2 to Samsung LED TV with Sky HD

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by PM5K, Jul 29, 2009.

1. PM5K

PM5K Member

Hi,
    I currently have a Samsung LED TV which doesnt have S-video or Scart connector. It is connected to a Sky HD box via HDMI. The PS2 has S-video (yellow) connector on the connecting lead (which can have a scart adaptor connected to it). The only way i can connect my PS2 is by plugging the scart connector on the PS2 into the VCR Port (input) in the Sky HD box but when the TV is turned on it wont pick up the PS2 at all. Even changing the Scart Management in the Sky HD menu doesnt sort it out, this has been tested with the box turned on and on standby. Does anyone know how to get the PS2 to work on this TV as i dont particularly want to spend £300 on a PS3.

Thanks for reading

fat.tony

2. london01

london01 Member

What model led do you have , i have the 7 series and it has scart connection , you get a scart adaptor with the tv. As far as i know so does the series 6 and 8, has scart also.

3. PM5K

PM5K Member

From the sticker on the TV its Series 8, i have no idea what this means (Its not my TV). Theres definately no scart connectivity on the TV as ive checked but there may have been an adaptor, what does it look like and whats the interface on this adaptor?

Im trying to get a Guitar Hero World Tour night on this TV and it would be great if we can get it working so any help is much appriciated.

fat.tony

4. qwert99

qwert99 Regular member

You can get an "RF" adapter, aka coax cable, for your PS2 for under $10 US. I think this is the solution you're looking for.

But if you have access to such a nice TV, you may as well get an HD video game system to use on it. PS3 is a great system, but you can get an Xbox 360 for half the price and get free games on top of it all since it can be modified.

By the way, I had to look up the term SCART... who knew!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009