1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting to a network

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Zaxious, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Zaxious

Zaxious Member

Im trying to connect to my friends network who is very far away. I have his WAN IP address, subnet mask and router information. Can anyone tell me the proper directions on to go about doing that? Do I have to tunnel in, VPN in, or can I set up my network connections to connect it through the internet? I know I've done it before but it has been ages since. Any advice?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Try Remote Desktop connections. start -> Accesories -> COmmunications

Pretty self explanitory form there. come abck to us if that's not what you're after.

3. Zaxious

Zaxious Member

well thats sorta connecting to a desktop... im interested in joining the network from afar... im trying to take part in their local LAN party but I cant physically be there... with the remote connection.. its just taking over the computer vs having three connected to the network instead of two....

4. Zaxious

Zaxious Member

and im also sure that you can only remote desktop if you have xp pro unless you have a third party prog....

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Ah, yeah, good point. But no, i have XP Home and I can remote desktop connect.

Anyway, not much experience in this area - was just dropping a comment in, but I suppose you could VPN in, yah.

Sorry :-/