1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting to xbox live

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by bhee, Jun 10, 2007.

1. bhee

bhee Regular member

hi everyone i have aol broaband and a bt voyager 105 and a staright through etehrnet cable and ive got one end of the ethernet cable connected to my pc and one end to my xbox and i can't connect to xbox live i don't know much about xbox live so could someone please help me thanks

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

You would first have to subscribe to the service. If you have XBMC, it has a feature similar to live that you can access from free.

3. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

ok so ur saying u have your pc connected to ur modem through one ethernet adpter with a regular cat-5 and ur xbox connected to ur pc through another ethernet adapter with a regular cat-5? if so you have to use a cat-5 crossover cable for connecting ur xbox to ur pc and bridge the two connections in your network places. here is a tutorial on how to make a crossover cable out of a regular cat-5 if u don't have one http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/228856

4. bhee

bhee Regular member

how does that xbmc thing work i've got it but i can't get it to work and ive got 1 ethernet cable to end of it in my xbox and the other in my pc

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  5. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

you need to mod ur xbox to use xbmc is ur xbox modded? so ur xbox is not connected to a router it is connected directley to ur pc with a straight cat-5? to connect directly to ur pc you need a crossover cable.

6. bhee

bhee Regular member

i havent got a mod and im using a straight throught rj45 ethernet cable

7. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

ok then switch the straight through cable to a crossover cable and you need an xbl account or you can use xbox connect.