1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting to XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by MstChf05, Dec 23, 2003.

1. MstChf05

MstChf05 Member

If anyone here can help me it will be greatly appriciated.
    I have been backing up games on my xbox for awhile and I had been using Flash FXP to connect to my PC. I recently upgraded from Windows ME to XP Pro and I think that started the problem.
    When I turn on my xbox I always get 'No IP!' in the status box unless I turn on my xbox first then turn on my computer before the xbox is completely loaded. I do a lot of Halo hacking which requires me to transfer files then play the game and transfer more and so on. It is VERY annoying to have to reboot my computer every time I want to transfer more files. With WinME my computer could be on for days and I could just turn on my xbox and transfer files at will, now I have to reboot. Is XP Pro the cause of the problem? If so, how can I fix this?

2. chris900

chris900 Member

Hey, sorry i dont have the answer too your question but maybe u could help me...
    How would i go about using flash FXP with my xbox...Do i first need a modchip? if so , is their any u would reccomend?

3. richard77

richard77 Member

Yes, you need a modchip. I reccomend a Xecuter 2.3, Chameleon, or a DMS X-Bit. I personally have a chameleon and it is, in my opinion, the best of the three. Tutorials are available on www.xbox-scene.com.

Richard

4. MstChf05

MstChf05 Member

I have an xecuter 2.2 pro, that is the only one i've ever used so I can't compare it to the others, but I've had no problems with it. After you get a chip all you need to do is find EvoX and connecting with Flash FXP is easy, well was.

If anyone can help me, I think now I can connect with Flash FXP as long as I turn on the xbox first.
    Can anyone help me connect without turning off the computer??

5. chris900

chris900 Member

Alrite, so richard..do u have that chameleon that says no solderering...if so is it really 100% no soldering or is that just the adapter...and also..when all said and done and iv found a dashboard and have flash fxp..is it a big hassle to transfer over to my pc jus so i can copy em...and also..im kinda confused about this bios stuff...Do i have update my bios every time i get a new game or what..so really what im gettin at ..is it really worth the time and hassle to get a modchip???