1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting TV to Laptop

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by AGarley, Mar 23, 2005.

1. AGarley

AGarley Guest

Help I'm going insane here!

I have just used my computer for the first time in 5 months and was trying to connect it to the TV to watch a movie. This used to work fine (through s-video cable). All I had to do was go to Control Panel and click:

Appearances and Themes...
    Display...
    Settings...
    Advanced...
    Settings...

and then click on the red button next to the TV icon.

However, the final part of that series of windows (i.e. the advanced settings) is no longer there! Instead I now get a window with tabs like `adapter`, `monitor`, `colour management`...where has the tv icon gone?? Is this due to some update for windows that the process for connecting a tv has changed?

Would welcome any suggestions since I`ve hunted around on the internet, forums etc and can`t find anything which could explain it.

Cheers,
    Adam

2. AGarley

AGarley Guest

Just wanted to add that I've been looking the advanced settings tabs on another computer and it appears that the top row of tabs (including the display tab I need to access to use the tv as a monitor) is missing from my Windows! There are 2 rows of 5 tabs on this PC and I have just 1 row of 5.

How is this possible and what can I do to get it back?

Help me!
    Adam