1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting v551 thru USB cable.

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by dkolv1337, Mar 6, 2005.

1. dkolv1337

dkolv1337 Member

Hello everyone, I have been looking for phone forums, and none have been answering, I dont know why. I am trying to just have my computer recognize my phone. I dont know what drivers to get to install my phone so I can have it be detected and things like that. All I want to do is have it be able to connect and be recognized by my computer. I did it before, but my computer crashed and had to reformat and now it doesnt work anymore, so please, just help me get my computer to recognize my v551 being plugged into my computer.

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

what windows r u using??

3. dkolv1337

dkolv1337 Member

Im using Windows XP.

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

5. airrngr

airrngr Member

guys and gals i m having a similar problem. my operating system is windows xp with sp2 my computer recognizes the v551 but it cannot find the driver needed and when i try to download the driver from a number of sources and when i try to direct windows to the new drivers they don t even show up help me please

6. NASTYBOY2

NASTYBOY2 Member

uninstall anything that is using com port 3 and allow the cell phone to install and use it. u can even set it to com 3 manually just make sure that there are no other devices using com 3. mpt likes to use com 3. u can get drivers from this link http://216.119.70.238/Download/MotorolaUSBModemDriver.zip

7. airrngr

airrngr Member

how do i find com port 3 and how do i uninstall anything that is using it........ sorry about needing all of this spoon fed to me but i don t know how to mess with the hardware on my computer