1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting vaio laptop to the TV

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by sravipat, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

slide the mouse just off the screen either up or down or sideways and I bet it will scroll over to the start buttons and your icons.

Your resolution is set too high. On my tv I need it set to 800X600 (the lowest it goes) and then it all fits. If it still doesnt fit at that resolution then its time for a new tv that supports those resolutions, or time to give up on using the laptop on the TV.

2. jfried

jfried Guest

HI...I currently own the sony Vaio VGNFS640W laptop. I want to connect it to my tv but im not sure exactly how to do it. I do not have a s video output. I believe that i need a vga connector of some type. I know how to do the audio im just not sure on exactly what I have to do in order to get the video. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3. heinie

heinie Member

I also have a Vaio fs640 and found that using the vga cable to go from my laptop to my JVC 52" LCOS didn't work. I got picture but it kept flipping. I tried setting the display settings to 640x480 but it didn't fix the problem. Would a pc to tv convertor remedy this?

4. wolf85

wolf85 Member

i was wondering if anyone could help me. i'm trying to connect my laptop to my tv so that my desktop can show up and i can record my animations onto a vhs cassette. i have an audio and video-in connection on my tv but not an s-video connection. I bought an rca converter that allows me to connect my laptop to my tv with one of those composite cables. however, i cant get it to work. i'm not sure if i have a tv-out button or option on my laptop. any help would be greatly appreciated.

laptop: compaq presario
    windows xp
    rca converter-videoexpress/ads tech