1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting VCR to DVD Recorder - help!

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by cool4cats, Nov 26, 2010.

1. cool4cats

cool4cats Member

Please can someone help me.
    I've just bought a second hand standalone DVD recorder and I want to connect my VCR to it via Scart lead to copy some of my old family VHS tapes.

Is it just a simple case of scart to scart socket from VCR to DVD recorder and hit the record button?
    Do I use Ext1 or Ext2 scart connections?

I have the VCR tuned into channel 00 on my TV, do I need to tune it in to the DVD recorder somehow or will my tapes record onto disc without prior settings?

I would really appreciate your help with this, I am totally green to all of this.

TIA

2. dmerrick

dmerrick Regular member

It is a simple process but you are going to need a DVD adapter and program. I have used Dazzle and changed all my VHS to DVD. VHS hooks to Dazzle adapter to computer. Dazzle has it's own software and the copy software is easy to use. I found their editing software weak so I use a group of programs called AVS4U to do the editing.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

ignore that "dazzle" crap .. plug the scart between the machines.. take the output of the dvd recorder to the tv .. find which a/v channel the recorder is on.. then play a tape and find which input to the recorder the vcr is on .. then when ready shove a dvd in.. set up your tape.. set the dvd to record and hit play on the vcr .. dead simple.. no copy protection to worry about with your own home recordings.