1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Help Needed! Where do i get Adapters and Converters?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ajmi982, Apr 15, 2005.

1. ajmi982

ajmi982 Guest

I am in the market for buying a projector and after a week of research I think I have made up my mind and will go with the Optoma EzPro 739... ( i am limited to what best buy sells for reasons not worth getting into)

I want to hook up, XBOX, PS2, PC, TV

There is NO component hookup on the projector and I have heard that Svid and RCA Vid look HORRIBLE.

SO... I have read about ppl having VGA to Component Adapters and the like to get the best quality image.

How do i hook these devises up? (xbox, ps2, tv, pc) and where to I get the needed adapters/cables and whatnot???

PLEASE HELP!

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Have you looked at the XSelect-D4 D & Component/RGB Selector Unit?

If you are going to watch dvds on your projector and want to take advantage of the resolution, get a dvd player that will up convert 480p to 1080i. You can use the DVI input.

As far as cables for your xbox and ps2, if you go with the XSelect you'll have to buy component cables. Your pc can also be conected to it.

Look on a search engine for a system selector that can convert component to RGB.

Also, check out Cyber System AV Selector Pro CY-SAVS-BK.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  3. ajmi982

ajmi982 Guest

those are the exact names of the converters?? do you know if I could get those at BEST BUY???? do u have links to them or will a simple google search help me find the converter??

4. ajmi982

ajmi982 Guest

i came across the Pelican Pl-960, but NO WHERE on the net can i find what outputs it has. Will this hook up to the projector??

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

In order to get what you need, you will have to look outside of bestbuy. Unfortunately, the projector you are looking to buy does not have component inputs. You can always just buy the s-video cables for your game systems, but you will not be able to take advantage of the progressive scan feature. Are you set on that projector? Have you asked if they(BestBuy) can special order you something along the lines of what I suggested earlier?

No point in getting the pelican switcher if your projector does not have component inputs. It may work if you buy a seperate component to RGB converter.(I'm sure BestBuy doesn't carry them)

6. ajmi982

ajmi982 Guest

u are right, they dont:( i could just buy the XSelect or the cyber system unit (about same price as the pelican and they both have good reviews with VGA output) but.... what is a trusted site to get either one from??? and i could always get component to vga cord... do u know where to get the conversion cord.

7. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Google "Component to RGB".