1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by carlwill, Feb 18, 2007.

1. carlwill

carlwill Member

I have my PC connected by wire to a router and a laptop connected wirelessly. When I connect my PC to the internet, all I get come up is 'page cannot be displayed'. The taskbar shows that there is a good connection. My laptop can also connect perfectly over the wireless connection.
    Ive tried a few spyware removal programs and Ive looked at different settings but to no avail.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Do you have your wireless router connected right? As in your ethernet cable coming out of your modem and into your wireless router ethernet port?

Also see if you can ping a site.

Example:

Start/run/ type cmd the hit enter and type ping www.afterdawn.com and see if you get a reply.

Post back in we will go from there.

3. carlwill

carlwill Member

The wire connections are all correct. It has been working in the past put all of a sudden for no reason stopped working.

I tried to ping a site and I got 4 failed attempts. It says 'PING: transmit failed, error code 65.'

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

try connecting your ethernet wire straight from your modem into your PC and see if you get a connection.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

that can happen for any number of reasons. Settings would be the first thing i checked.
    Then resetting the router and modem would be next.
    Then possible the ethernet cords