1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Consequences of Nero 7 on multiple computers

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by lbeck, May 14, 2007.

1. lbeck

lbeck Member

I've been a loyal Nero user for years. I recently upgraded to Nero 7 and put it on both of my home computers. Now I get a message whenever I start the software on the second computer that I've been caught and I need a second liscense. However, it allows full use of the software with no apparent problems.

What do I have to contend with here? If it's only the nag screen every time I start the software on the second machine then I'll continue. If there's more dire consequences (e.g., disabling the software on both machines by Nero) then I'll revert back to Nero 6 for the second machine.

Thanks

2. zapatero

zapatero Member

It is time to look for alternatives to Nero. Try ImgBurn.

3. lbeck

lbeck Member

Good advice for someone who hasn't just paid for Nero 7. I'll stick with Nero for now because I also like the utilities.

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I have my version of Nero 7 on BOTH of my computers with no apparent problems.

5. lbeck

lbeck Member

Thanks, Gwen. I'll just leave it there. There's not much difference from Nero 6 for what I do, but there's the hassle factor fo uninstall/install.

Are you not getting the nag screen? Maybe both your computers aren't hooked to the Internet?

Thanks.

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Both comps are connected to the net through a router...no problems at all.

7. ebega

ebega Regular member

Same here, bought copy of Nero 7 on two computers connected to internet and no nag screen. Have you recently posted a log or something with your serial? Just wondering if your serial is being used by others somehow, because this is the first time I've heard of this problem.

8. lbeck

lbeck Member

Hmmmm.... INteresting.

I'll try to make a screen capture of the message and post it here. I don't know why I would be singled out. No, I haven't posted the SN anywhere.

The only thing that may be strange for me is that my main computer where I installed N7 first is a Vista machine and the secondary machine is running XP. Also, both machines are running MS OneCare which has a pretty aggressive firewall and requires that I acknowledge/allow practically any move that comes from the outside. But I don't see how any of this could be relevant.

9. zapatero

zapatero Member

I think Nero should state clearly and explicitly its policy about authentication. Now there are bits of information here and there in the Website. If they are going towards a full authentication system, they should let the customers know what to expect. Personally, I would only use an application that requires authentication as a last resort. I feel spied and mistrusted by these systems.