1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering an xbox purchase.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by DraTs, Oct 15, 2004.

1. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Ok, I am considering purchasing an xbox, but I have a few questions concerning which route I should go, and even relating to mod chips. Firstly, I have two choices, I could go pick up a new xbox at walmart for 150$, or go for a used one at EBgames for 119, and a warranty for like 22$ that supposedly covers anything. I would like to be able to use a solderless mod chip if possible, what would be a good recommendation on them? Farthermore, I am trying to figure out what exactly would be involved in making a back up of a game? Is it just pop in computer, make an image, or something else I read said you have to copy it in the xbox, then upload it to your computer then burn it?

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Go with the refurbished xbox from EB games because they are just as good as new. However there's a good chance it will be a v1.6. Forget about the $22 warranty because it will be void once you remove the screws. As for the other info, you need to read through the old posts because the same old information to get you up and running has been posted time and time again.

3. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

The xboxes at EB are not used. They are "refurbished" meaning they were pulled off the assembly line before packaging and tested and then put aside. For some reason they can't be sold as new, eventhough nothing was done to them.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  4. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

oh, they had answred me with that when I asked them if they sold used xboxs. Oh well, I know it game with a 90 day warranty, and they were saying that other warranty would cover everything, like say you smahed it somewhere, ro something like that, I dont know, ill have to ask again.

5. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

When you install a modchip of either type solderless or solder, there is a slight chance of you screwing it up. Even more so if you don't know what you are doing. If that should happen then why would you expect MS or EB to give you a new box? Go and tell them you want to open the box and install a modchip and see the reaction on their faces. Also tell them that you don't buy original games either and you have a harddrive loader lol.

6. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Well, under those pretenses you wouldnt mention you tried ot install one, but anyways my mother use to solder pagers and stuff, and soldered a mod chip into my ps2. Anyways, I never said anything about Not original games.

7. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Once the seals covering the screws are tampered with or removed, the warranty is VOID regardless whatever your mother does.

8. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

thats not what i meant, i just meant if need bem, she could do the soldering. But i didnt know the seals were over the screws whereas like on the ps2 its one seal on the back.