1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Console vs PC

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Freekman, Jan 22, 2008.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

GPU - no question about it.

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

It was a rhetorical question... lol

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Only up to a point though, Crysis rapes CPUs pretty hard.

4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yes, but as far as Crysis goes the 360 would be the logical choice. Especially since it would be much easier to port it to the 360, since it runs DirectX 9.

5. dazila

dazila Regular member

No 1080p?
    Trust me if Gran Turismo 5 does 1080p (Confirmed) with so much detail at 60fps non stop in gameplay, then trust me any other title would be able to do it.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

trust me, GT5 probably has less demanding textures than Crysis.

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Do you realize HOW MUCH Sony has confirmed and NEVER actually done it.

Did you know that the PS2 was supposed to have Toy Story like graphics? That the PS3 was going to have two extra gigabut ports, two extra USB ports, an extra HDMI port, and support for seven controllers. They promised 1080p for all games, while COD4 only runs at 600p.

They also they they couldn't implement rumble tech because of their gay ass six-axis thing. Did you see how that went? They still wont include those controllers in the new PS3s but they are willing to sell them now. So what happened to six axis not working with rumble?

Don't believe Sony, they're the biggest pacl of liars in the Electronic Industry. You can't call me biased either because I have all the Play Station consoles.

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No, I wholeheartedly agree with you on that, Sony are a terrible company in that sense.

9. Freekman

Freekman Regular member

there is no wuestion that gt5 id less demanding than crysis, even though it looks good there is a tiny universe and fairly simple things

10. dazila

dazila Regular member

this is one thing i will beleive because gt4 ran 1080i on ps2.
    No i never knew that, i doubt we will get a game as good looking as toy story in years to come right now not even a pc game is close, if crysis is the top then we are very far away :)
    60fps in cod4? arent most console games fps limited to make sure it always stays stable and not jump from 80 to 40 here and there?
    If some of you played GT4 on Ps2 that game looked great, GT5 has as many polygons in one cars headlight as Gt4 did in the whole car this is not a sony thing this was said by the Creator of the series which is why it takes Months to draw a car.
    But last gen to this gen is nothing like 5th to 6th gen was we came from a blocked up image to having smooth nice detailed things on screen with shadows, reflections, 6th to 7th it is the main thing I can see lighting, and shadows, reflections have improved nothing else.
    Crysis is a good game but I think it wasnt made properly,
    1: It takes more resources then youd expect and most of which are graphics making it hard to run.
    2: The game is filled with glitches and bugs, I had to get a 3rd level save because I was standing on the rendezvous point with nothing happening and I asked and got told it happends and its a glithc the only way to pass it is by getting a save, never have I seen a game do this.

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

hah, GT4 only supported 1080i for the US version..
    no HD gran turismo for us in the UK... :(
    As for the frame rate, it drops below 20 with a lot of xbox 360 games, so no. The consoles just aren't powerful enough to maintain a solid frame rate/

12. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I thought GT4 was only HD on the PS3...

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Nope, the US PS2 could do it over component.

14. dazila

dazila Regular member

Nope Ps2 ran Gt4 HD for the NTSC version, I have not clue why our PAL versions didnt get it.
    It ran it at 1080i.
    Thats a good exanple to show if everything is coded properly and effeciently it will run this is something that can be said for Crysis.
    Because even if GT4 dosent look amazing anymore, for a ps2 game it does and still looks good compared to others, but you have to remember what hardware this game runs on, at 1080i no lag at all, and some of the levels look amazing like the rally ones in italy next to the sea, that's right I forgot about that GT is detailed even the tracks look at those levels how detailed they are, every building looks like its apart of the game its not like a game where the car looks cool but evrything else looks crap everything matches and the crowds well in GT4 they were sort of 3D but in GTHD they are all 3D every person has his own shadow.
    Anyways back to Gt4 it ran on a 300mhz CPU, 16mb RDRAM, 143mhz GPU.
    If that was done on that at 30fps at 1080i, I have not one doubt that GT5 Will look amazing on Ps3 its not as powerfull as the latest PC but compare it to a PS2 its what 30 or 40x more power full.

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It has to be said though, the last time I booted up GT4 I thought to myself "holy cow, the game looked this bad?"
    I've been spoilt by PC graphics, and with any luck in a few hours' time I'll be spoiled again... :)

16. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Anyway back tot he point. If games are efficiently coded it's PC>Xbox 360~ PS3.

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yup, but anything by Ubisoft or Codemasters and Guitar Hero 3 are definitely not in the "efficiently coded" list

18. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I downloaded that Brian Lara Cricket game demo by Codemasters. The game was horrible!

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Not only are their PC ports buggy, but they're also infected with Starforce. Does it get any worse?
    On the upside, I have a foolproof way of detecting starforce now. The copy-protection system bars the installation from being placed on a network. I install games to my server, so if I get "Access Denied" - it's time to unplug the DVD drive... Not that I have one in my main PC of course, networking my surviving drive has beaten them at their own game! I'd like to see SF get through a network into the hardware drivers of a Linux CommandLine system.

20. dazila

dazila Regular member

Im not gona argue anymore,
    But I will say the truth,
    You Will never be able to build a PC as powerfull as a Ps3 for 599au with a blu ray drive :).
    Iam yet to see a PC game win GOTY, and none of the Leading series were originally on PC.