1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conspiracy theory?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by mrsilly69, Oct 19, 2007.

1. mrsilly69

mrsilly69 Member

i purchased software, i have the original disks with me with the serial number but do not want to register my software, i cant stand companies knowing what i buy and what i do with my software, the man's way of keeping tabs on me. how can i bypass this problem. I do again have the original software and serial numbers to match..

2. kateman

kateman Regular member

there are ways, but none of which i can think of that would be legal

so just comply with the product's requirements if you want to use the software

3. mrsilly69

mrsilly69 Member

if anyone know how i can get over my problem please let me know , i did pay for the program i should be able not to register and i am on a list being sold across the globe in order so they can make even more money i will not let them so i have to uninstall the program every 21 days then i get to use my program, i should not have to if i payed for it..... i should be able to use my own software i have the disks and matching serials i refuse, i thought maybe some one could help

4. kateman

kateman Regular member

when you say
    i take it your worried about spam?
    if your really worried they will send spam to your email account make a hotmail account and register with that.

other than that i dont see your problem.

if its not an option on the software, then i doubt there is a legal way to get around it.

and if its not spam your worried about and if it is indeed a legally acquired serial (thinking back to your previous posts) , i see no reason why you'd fret.

5. mrsilly69

mrsilly69 Member

well the software requires not an option but requires my phone and address, but its not only this software but in the futur what do i do, just give in, i thought dvdencryptor was deemed illegal yet many senior members have helped me get my situations solved but i guess giving out my phone number and address is ok with you but not me some software only asks for optional personal info not require it. if you can atleast point me in a certain direction, with your view i cant even back up my personal dvd wow this website would not excist with your way of doing it, what about mod chip for my psp for my backed-up games, well i guess you dont do any of the backing up of your personal software.... just dont like the way they want my personal info not only email... can anyone help that's all... i could sent u pics of reciepts and pix of my disks and serials ..

6. kateman

kateman Regular member

stupid idea if they are real

get lost kid. iam the one trying to help you within the legal complications and your having a go at me?

first of all; you should tell me that it required a phone number and address because all iam doing is guessing your situation and when i get it wrong iam all of a sudden under attack.

secondly; if you dont want to put your number and address out there (which, for the record, i wouldn't either), get another program such as dvdfab decrypter

thirdly; the only reason people would help with dvdencrypter, is because it isnt illegal. People can use the program for legal purposes and it is those purposes that we assume they use them for. I myself have helped people in those areas before

7. mrsilly69

mrsilly69 Member

as my original posting can any one help with software i have purchased that requires personal information in order to use the software, they sell my inforamtion to companies across the globe in order to try to sell me more products , i need help with my problem i do not want to give my address or phone numbers please help anyone, Conspiracy Theory, i have been overwhelmed with mail and phone calls even after signing up for a do not call list it is in their best intrest to have our info not ours they say for updates yeah then just email me not call me. can anyone help.

8. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

have you ever heard of lieing...

9. kateman

kateman Regular member

watch what you say newbie
    its hardly legal to commit fraud
    and its easy to find who/where they commit fraud.

so we go back to it not being technically legal to do anything other than complying with their demands. hint much?

10. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

mrsilly69

my bet its anydvd from slysoft and you want to get around the 21 day free trial

so you won't get any help here

just use the freeware programs like dvd fab decrypter to rip dvd shrink to transcode and nero or dvd decrpter to burn ifyou don't want slysoft to have you're info

11. skyryder

skyryder Member

most software will allow you not to register with them, just press the skip button.

However creating a fake identity on hotmail is a great way, after you set the account up you may need to access it just once to send info to that company so they know a spambot isnt trying to access them.Then promptly forget about it, let them spam it to there little hearts content.

personally i really think your blowing it out of proportion,(your one of these techno fobes arent you.) all for the inconvience of some spam.Just get a better spam filter on your pc and then it will get diverted back to your inbox rubbish bin.However if you really want to push it, contact your isp (internet provider).Provide them with the header of the emails and explain that this is a spam issue and let them deal with it.

@ kateman : nice responses

ryder

12. kateman

kateman Regular member

haha i like this kid :D

13. skyryder

skyryder Member

as do i

14. mrsilly69

mrsilly69 Member

the software i am trying to legally back-up my software, i own 3 of slysoft products supporting afterdawn's sponsors, when i load my software it automatically sends me to the registratoin and continue process if i press coninue i go on to the program, how can i find the file that starts after i press continue, in order to use game jackal pro and not have to lug my software everywhere i go, i have a laptop. and avoid spam all through, Skyrider the program requires you phone number and address to register, why should i LIE in order to use my own software. I mean the movie and software indusrties tries to fight against this website anyhow. for backing up my own dvds and software.

15. skyryder

skyryder Member

i wouldnt call it exactly lieing, more like telling white lies.

There are other ways to get around this.Heres one for you.

tHIS LINK IS TO A FORM WHERE YOU CAN ASK FOR HELP FROM SLYSOFT.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/contact.html

Try asking them for alternatives and then post us back there reply.

Heres another: try there forum for help:

http://forum.slysoft.com/

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  16. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I don't recall having to provide anything other than my email address when I registered with Slysoft.