1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Continuing a multi-session after burning an image??

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jmbt5, Mar 12, 2004.

1. jmbt5

jmbt5 Guest

What I would like to accomplish, is to burn an image(.ISO,.BIN, etc...), leave the session open, and then to add more files to the CD(MS Office Image, then all of my docs, & spreadsheets).

I can do this using Alcohol 120%, leave the session open, and then add tracks with Nero. Everything works fine when I do everything with XP Professional. However, if I try to READ the final CD on ANY OS(Win 2000, in particular) other than XP, it doesn't think there is a CD in the drive.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? I have tried all different modes, and options in Nero. Is there any other SW that will allow me to continue an "open" CD that already contains an image? CDRWin doesn't let you do that.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

2. jmbt5

jmbt5 Guest

OK. I have a fix for this situation.
    Step 1 --> Use Alcohol 120% to create an image, and store it on your HDD.

Step 2 --> Use WinISO to open that image, and add your files to the image.

Step 3 --> Use Alcohol 120% to burn the image in "RAW DAO" format ONLY! For whatever reason, the "DAO/SAO" option does not work.

I didn't know it was possible to manipulate an image file when it was sitting on the HDD, until I did a little more research.