1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

controller----- usb.... helpppp

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by punx777, Oct 1, 2004.

1. punx777

punx777 Regular member

http://www.xbox-emulation.co.uk/Xbox-Controller-Mod.shtml

okay, when i connect the usb to the controller, can i just twist all the green wires from the usb to all the green wires to the xb controller............. or what...... gimme your imput... :p

do i have to solder? id rather not... SHANNNKAAA(thank you)

2. Kenner95

Kenner95 Member

If the wires are the same color, strip enough of the rubber off to twist the wires together. At first don't twist too tightly and if you want, use some electrical tape for checking. If you wired everything correctly and the controller works, go to an electrical store ( Menards, Home Depot) and look for heat shrinking tubes. They come in various sizes. Attact them to the individual wires and then gently hold a match underneath but not directly. The heat will shrink and secure the connection. Unlike electrical tape, this will be messy if you have to undo it.

3. punx777

punx777 Regular member

i think im just going to twist em together & electrical tape em.... since i dont have the time/patients to put something on each individual wire...... plus im only going to be using this once or twice. thanks:)

4. punx777

punx777 Regular member

hey, when im stripping the sets of wires, do i need each individual wire? becausse its awfully hard to do it without breaking 1 or 2 of the tiny wires. thanks:)

5. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Each color is individual. Not individual strands.

Red from USB goes to Red on controller, Green from USB goes to Green on controller ect.

6. punx777

punx777 Regular member

soo. it wouldnt matter if i broke one or 2 of the little wires right?

7. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

If it doesn't work then cut off the area where the wire broke and then strip off a new section. I don't think a broken strand will cause it not to work.